Our Vision Statement
The vision of Cornerstone Community Church is to be full of Christ's love and see souls saved through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to win souls for Christ by the preaching of the Word and personal witnessing, and to strengthen the believers through worship and Christian fellowship.
Who We are
We are a Biblical church
We are a Lutheran Church
Therefore, we believe the Bible, including both the Old and New Testaments, as originally given, is the verbally and completely inspired Word of God and is free from error in the whole and in the part, and is therefore the final authoritative guide for faith and conduct.
The Bible, not culture, informs us what God's will and purpose is for each of us.
Therefore, we believe, in accordance with God's Word, that the Sacraments (Baptism and Communion) are effectual means of grace whereby God delivers to us His unmerited grace on the basis of His promises to us, as found in His Word. We celebrate Communion the 1st Sunday of each month.
Unlike many Lutheran churches, we practice a simple form of non-liturgical worship where the preaching of God's Word is central to our worship experience; preceded and followed by a
blend of hymns and contemporary songs.
We are a Christian Church
We are a
Therefore, we believe there is one God eternally existent in three distinct persons in one divine essence; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. From time to time we confess this biblical truth in the words of the Apostle's Creed.
We also believe that we have inherited a sinful condition from our parents that has separated us from God our Father, who created us.
The only remedy for this separa-tion is humble repentance of our sin and trusting fully in His Son, Jesus Christ, and his death and resurrection, for full payment of our sin, to be completely restored in our relationship with God. There is NO other way to be brought into this saving relationship with God.
The Holy Spirit plays an essential role in our salvation by showing us our sin through God's Holy Law, and delivering to us God's infinite Grace, all through His Word, the Bible.
We are a member congregation of the Church of Lutheran Brethren, head-quartered in Fergus Falls, MN.
In partnership with the other congregations of the CLB, we support our Lutheran Brethren Seminary, church plants in the US and Canada, and mission work in Africa, Japan and Taiwan.
We seek to be...
...a safe, family oriented church where everyone, of any age and race, feels welcome and loved with the love of Christ!
We Believe and Teach
- There is only One God; Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One God.
- The Bible is God’s final, authoritative Word to us for Christian faith and conduct.
- Luther’s Small Catechism is a tool to help us understand the Bible.
- The mission of our church is to win souls for Christ by the preaching of the Word and personal witnessing, and to strengthen the believers through worship and Christian fellowship.
- Every child, who has received God’s grace through infant baptism, must personally recognize their inherited sinfulness and confess faith in Christ alone for forgiveness of sin and salvation.
- Membership in the church is both a privilege and a responsibility for confessing believers in Christ.
- The congregation is to discover and use their spiritual gifts to serve the Lord in His church.
- All human life is a sacred gift from God and to be treated as such.
- God ordained marriage to be exclusively between a man and a woman.
- The gender we were born with is a precious, unchangeable gift from God.
For more detail on what we believe and teach, please request a membership handbook.